Monday 29 October 2012

Birthday parties

Ben went to his first birthday party yesterday. I don't mean the first one he has ever been invited to, I mean the first one that was independent of family and close friends.

It was lovely just taking Ben to a party and watching him interact with other children of roughly the same age. (Megan went to nanas for some baking fun!) He enjoyed playing the sporting games but really enjoyed pass the parcel. He sat beautifully at the table and ate lots of party food. He sang happy birthday to the birthday boy. He was just so grown up.

It was another realisation that my little boy is growing up and becoming more self aware of his surroundings and 'special occasions'.

I loved watching Ben having fun and playing with other children and I think Ben had a great time too.




No comments:

Post a Comment